This Orange Chicken Stir Fry recipe is healthy and delicious, and it's also easy to make. Simply combine the stir-fry sauce ingredients together, cut up your chicken and vegetables, then quickly fry everything up for the freshest possible taste.
Preparation Time: about 15 minutes
Cook Time: about 10 minutes
Total Time: about 25 minutes
- 3 boneless chicken breasts OR 6 boneless thighs, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup purple onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger root
- 1 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 sm. to med. sized green pepper, cut into 1/4" x 1 1/2" slices
- 1/2 fresh red pepper, cut into 1/4" x 1 1/2" slices
- 6 oz. sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 oranges, peeled, divided into segments
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. rice wine
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. peanut oil
- Place all "stir-fry sauce" ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk with a fork until the cornstarch has dissolved.
- Place prepared chicken in a bowl. Pour 1/4 of the stir-fry sauce over and mix in. Set chicken aside to marinate while you chop the vegetables and prepare the other ingredients.
- Place a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ginger. Stir-fry briefly to release the fragrance (30 seconds).
- Add the marinated chicken. Stir-fry until chicken pieces are opaque in the center (about 5 minutes). Add 1 tbsp. water if your wok/pan becomes dry.
- Add the snow peas. Also add 2-3 Tbsp. of the stir-fry sauce. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables plus the remaining stir-fry sauce. Stir-fry another 1-2 minutes, or until vegetables have softened slightly, but are still firm and colorful.
- Turn heat down to low. Add the oranges, stirring gently to combine.
- Dish up onto serving plates, topping each portion with an orange slice.
A healthy, zesty stir fry treat guaranteed to excite the most finicky eaters! Serve with rice or chow mein noodles and ENJOY!
陈皮鸡(chén pí jī)
Interested in learning Chinese? Start with the Free Chinese Lessons!