Many people want to learn simplified Chinese because it is the Chinese language used by mainland China where more than one fourth of the world population lives.
Chinese lessons with Kids Chinese Podcast are great for beginners to learn simplified Chinese. If you have finished the three level Chinese lessons, please have a try to read and understand the following short article in simplified Chinese.
2. 当孩子取得好成绩或做好了一件事时,要适当表扬他, 鼓励他下次做得更好。注意不能表扬过分, 否则, 引起孩子骄傲, 而起相反的作用。
How are you doing?
Let's look at the following English translation.
How to Help Children to Gain Their Self-confidence?
Why is self-confidence important?
Self-confidence is a person’s belief that he or she has the ability to succeed. It is essential for all aspects of children’s healthy development and school success. Confidence can be a self-fulfilling message, as those without it may fail or not even try because they lack it, and those with it may succeed because they have it and keep trying.
Children who are confident are highly motivated to success, are eager to learn new knowledge and skills and take new challenges. Self-confidence is also crucial for getting along with others and working out many social challenges. Children with social confidence enjoy interacting with others by sharing, competing, and making a lot of friends, which is a key to team work and to succeed in the global society.
How does self-confidence develop?
Self-confidence is not an inborn ability. Babies learn who they are primarily through their interactions and experiences with others. A child’s sense of confidence is mostly shaped and nurtured by those who care for him or her. Let’s use some examples to see how confidence grows across the first several years of life.
1. A newborn cries and is comforted by his parent. He is learning about love, and feeling he is important to his parents.
2. An 8-month-old baby shakes a rattle and smiles at the sound it makes. His parent says, “You make it works! Good job!” He is learning he can do it, and feeling happy by parent’s praise.
3. A toddler picks up a pen and drawing on the wall, his parent says “no!” and gives him a piece of paper, he starts drawing. He is learning that his interests are important and will be supported by those who love him.
4. A 3-year-old counts “1, 2, 3”, his parent says “great!” and teaches him “4, 5”. He enjoys leaning and mastering new things.
5. A 5-year-old figures out one plus one, his parent tells him, this is math, he feels he love math want to know more.
6. A 7-year-old brings home his report card with a lot of “As”, he smiles and his parents smile.
If you do not agree with the English Translation from the simplified Chinese short article or you have any question, please leave your comment.
Kids Chinese Podcast Chinese learning system serves as an excellent 24-hour-a-day tutor helping you learn Chinese easier and sooner. If you are interested in learning simplified Chinese, I highly suggest you consider the “free Chinese lessons“ to learn more Mandarin Chinese Language and achieve better learning results.