Kids Chinese Podcast: Newsletter No.1
Welcome to Chinese Lessons at KidsChinesePodcast.com!
Chinese is the one of the most spoken language in the world. Mandarin Chinese language is the official language of China and Taiwan, as well as one of four official languages of Singapore, and one of six official languages of the United Nations. Kids Chinese Podcast teaches Mandarin Chinese.
Congratulations on starting your journey to learn Chinese!
How to learn Chinese to achieve the best learning result?
Because different person has different learning style, the answer to the question may be different. We list our research result and suggestion as the following to help you learning Chinese and we will start the learning Chinese journey with you, together, we will explore and improve our Chinese lessons to help you achieve the best learning result!
Kids Chinese Podcast is designed for kids from 5 years old up and adult Chinese learners to learn Mandarin Chinese. This Chinese course helps you to learn Chinese listening and speaking via podcast, and Chinese reading and writing via podcast transcript and exercise worksheet. Lessons’ topics are designed using practical dialogues starting with focusing on kids’ daily life in the United States while you receive systematic training on Chinese listening, speaking, reading and writing.
We recommend the following steps to achieve the best Chinese learning results.
1. Language Study Research shows that using auditory and visual media at same time can achieve better learning results. Sign up and become a registered member. After you sign up, you will get access to all transcript and PDF worksheet. Have a transcript in front of you when listening to the lesson.
2. Start early as possible as you can. When children acquire their mother tongue, they understand and speak before they are capable of reading and writing. This is also true when learning a foreign language. In the Level-1 lessons, our goal is to let students have a feeling on Chinese Mandarin’s phonics and Chinese Characters, and build a sense of Chinese language in a short time. Therefore, the transcript serves a very good study guide. Musical tones are perhaps the most difficult thing in Mandarin Chinese, that’s why we use the native-language-acquiring approach, namely, the just listening and then understanding way. Language Research Study reports that kids under five can speak a language without any accent just a native speaker. Kids can be parents’ teacher in terms of speaking and correct pronunciation. Help you child to start learning Chinese early as possible as you can!
3. Listen as many times as possible whenever you have a chance, when you driving your child to school, before bedtime etc.
4. Try to imitate after the teacher, even if the sounds seem to be difficult to pronounce. Kids usually are not shy, adults, don’t be shy!
5. The worksheet of each lesson has a translation exercise for you, so please fill in your answer and then compare your answer to the correct one that the teacher announced at the end of your next lesson.
6. Practice what you have learned whenever you have a chance. That’s why we promote parents and kids learn Chinese together. Parents and kids are the best study pal, this approach motivates parents to set a good role model on discipline and nurture kids a good study habit, in the same time, parents and kids learn, practice speaking Chinese in a really fun and effective way.
7. Encourage good study habits by scheduling regular Chinese study time. For example, everyday, after dinner, spend about 20 minutes. Firstly, listen the audio lesson about 10 minutes, then do the worksheet to practice reading and writing for about 5 minutes then spend another 5 minutes, practice speaking. Parents and kids can talk using what we have learned in the lesson and use what we have learned in the previous lessons.
8. Be persistent and never give up! Unlike many Western languages which share some common linguistic roots with English and which can often be learned fairly quickly with a large amount of self-study for adults, acquiring a basic competency in a language as different from English as Chinese requires a high level of commitment and persistence. If parents can be persist, your child will be too!
9. One of the best ways parents can help with your child’s education is to take part yourself. Sign up for the Chinese lessons and learn Chinese together with your child.
Parents and kids listen to Kids Chinese Podcast together and learn Chinese together, having fun and achieve the best learning results.