Here is a very popular Chinese Coleslaw Recipe. It is great for your family's lunch and dinner, also for parties and potlucks. It is very easy to make, and it is very healthy and delicious! You can serve it as a side dish or salad dish.
- a half big head of green cabbage, sliced fine
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 4 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/6 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- Slice the cabbage and scallions, place in a large bow.
- Toast the almonds and sesame seeds in a skillet over high heat, for just a few minutes, you can smell the toasting aromas.
- Keep stirring so they don't burn. When the sesame seeds begin to pop, remove from heat and pour into a bowl to cool.
- Mix the cabbage, carrots and red bell pepper
- Make the dressing: Place the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and sesame oil in a bowl. Mix well, until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Combine ingredients immediately before serving.
You can use one bag of coleslaw mix if you can buy it in the grocery store.
凉拌卷心菜(liáng bàn juǎn xīn cài)
Interested in learning Chinese? Start with the Free Chinese Lessons!