Stir Fried Chinese Chicken with Celery is a great recipe for you to eat healthier, it has high protein, high fiber and low carb.
Chicken is an excellent source of nutrition. In general, it’s relatively low-calorie, has a lot of protein, and isn’t the “red meat” variety. It also tastes great!
Vegetable, celery is one of the vegetables that contains a high percentage of supplements that are have great benefits for our body. It is high in Dietary Fiber;
High in Vitamin A, B2, B5, B6, C, K; High in Minerals, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium; Low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It can help you to low blood pressure as well.
This Chinese Chicken recipe offers one of the fastest and easiest chicken dishes. To use chicken breast meat, which is lean and packs with tons of protein, is suggested to make a low fat Chinese chicken dish.
Chicken Stir Fry With Celery
Preparation Time: about 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 10 minutes
Total Time: about 20 minutes
Ingredients (Serve 2-3):
- Chicken breast meat, 1 pound
- Celery, 2 hearts
- Chinese cooking wine, 1 tsp
- Corn starch, 2 tsp
- Oyster sauce, 1 tsp
- Soy sauce, 1 tsp
- Sugar, 1 tsp
- Salt, a pinch
- Wash and drain the celery. Cut it into strips, about 3 inches long each.
- To make the sauce, mix 1 tsp of corn starch, add 5 Tbsp of water, oyster sauce, and sugar in a small bowl. Mix it well.
- Cut chicken meat into thin slices. Put it into a bowl. Add soy sauce, a pinch of salt, 1 tsp corn starch to the chicken. Mix it well.
- Spray oil (or add 1 Tbsp regular cooking oil) on a frying pan. Use high heat.
- Add Chicken to the pan. Stir fry it for 2 or 3 minutes or until it is half cooked.
- When the chicken is half cooked, add celery to the pan. Keep stir frying for couple of minutes. Mix it well.
- Add a tsp of Chinese cooking wine to the pan. Mix it well.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan. Mix it well.
- Cook for couple of minutes until the sauce thickens and just barely coats the chicken and celery.
- Taste it, you can add a pinch of salt according to your liking.
Add more celery into your diet. Health benefits of celery are aplenty. Eating more celery will greatly assist to keep you and your life healthy.
鸡肉炒芹菜(jī ròu chǎo qín cài)
Interested in learning Chinese? Start with the Free Chinese Lessons!