Chinese Chicken Recipe – Healthy and Easy
Chinese Chicken with Broccoli is probably one of the most common Chinese dishes in US. It is easy to make and more importantly it is low fat and rich in vitamins because of the combination of Chicken breast and broccoli. If you replace chicken with beef, ie, Beef with Broccoli, that is truly a classic Cantonese dish. If you are watching your weight or on a diet, this Chinese Chicken dish is highly recommended to you. Use chicken breast meat which made the dish super lean, and serve it with brown rice, will make it even healthier. Very yummy and healthy!
Preparation Time: about 15 minutes
Cook Time: about 10 minutes
Total Time: about 25 minutes
- 1. 5 pounds Boneless chicken meat
- 2 big crowns Broccoli
- 1 stalk scallion (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chicken powder
- 2 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 5 Tbsp Water,
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Clean and cut Broccoli into small florets. Put it aside.
- Cut boneless chicken into slices.
- Put chicken in a mixing bowl.
- Add chicken powder, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, and 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- Mix it well. Put it aside and let it season for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce:
- Add 1 tsp of cornstarch, 1 Tbsp of cooking wine, sugar, oyster sauce and water. Mix it well. Put it aside.
- Blanch the broccoli. If you don’t like really under cooked or hard broccoli. You can skip this step if you don’t mind. (This step is optional.)
- Put broccoli into a pot. Add about two cups of water to the pot. Bring it to a boil. Let it cook for a minute. Turn off the heat. Discard the water. Put broccoli aside.
- Use a large frying pan. Spray non-stick cooking oil onto the pan.
- Use high heat. Add chopped scallion to the pan. Add chicken. Keep stirring while it cooks.
- Cook it for 2 or 3 minutes or so or until it is fully cooked.
- Add broccoli to the pot. Stir it well with the chicken. Add the sauce. Mix it well until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot.
鸡肉炒绿花椰菜(jī ròu chǎo lǜ huā yē cài)
Interested in learning Chinese? Start with the Free Chinese Lessons!