Chicken Curry Recipe
In terms of Chicken Curry, most people will agree that the famous one will be Indian Chicken curry. However, there are many delicious chicken curry dishes around the world. Thai Chicken Curry, Chinese Chicken curry and Japanese Chicken curry etc.. Globalization happens to every aspect of our life including food, Chicken Curry. The following chicken curry takes about 45 minutes to make. The trick is to save cooking time by using a microwave.
Preparation Time: about 15 minutes
Cook Time: about 30 minutes
Total Time: about 45 minutes
- 2 pounds Chicken boneless thigh meat or chicken breast meat or even chicken with bone-in
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 2 or 3 Carrots
- 5 slices Ginger
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Tumeric powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 can of Chinese curry gravy or 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 3 cups Water
- Cut onion into small cubes or strips. You can also cut some into cubes and some into strips to give it a different texture.
- Cut carrots into small pieces.
- Finely chop ginger.
- Peel and cut potatoes into medium size cubes.
- Use a large frying pan. Spray cooking oil.
- Use high heat. Put ginger and onion to the pot. Cook it for couple of minutes.
- Then add the spices (turmeric powder, paprika, nutmeg and garlic powder). Mix it well.
- Add chicken. Mix it well.
- Add carrots.
- Let it cook until the chicken is half cooked. Add cooking wine and soy sauce. Cook it for another minute or so.
- Add curry gravy, sugar and water to the pot. Mix it well.
- Cook the potatoes in the microwave for 10 minutes
- Add potatoes.
- Turn the heat to low, and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Check the thickness of the sauce, add water if needed.
- Add a pinch of salt if needed.
Yummy Chicken Curry is ready to serve!
咖哩鸡肉(kā li jī ròu)
Interested in learning Chinese? Start with the Free Chinese Lessons!